Monday, August 29, 2011

TRADITIONAL, MODERN, LEBANESE....

Upon reading a fellow Chef blog a few days ago, I was inspired by a specific item he use on his dish, so that lead me to try his recipe and WOW, it was amazing. I had attempted a similar thing many years ago though never really needing it in my current location. I pondered on many things and uses for such an Idea and came up with many. We played with some and all were good, but as much as Chefs do not belong in the Pastry Kitchen, I made this dish in honour (and annoy) of my Pastry Chef friend I wrote about in my previous Post..
Date Kibbe, Sweet Saffron Yoghurt Spheres, Fresh Dates, Bahraini Almonds, Pistachio Macaron and Saffron Caramel

Bahrain in a mix of so many culture and influences, Traditional and Modern Cuisine is everywhere. I have adapted just a few into this creation.
Middle East Traditional: House harvested and dried Dates made into Date Cake and Burgal Kibbe, filled with roasted walnuts, pine nuts, pistachio and white chocolate.
Lebanese: The influence of Lebanese in the region is vast, and the flavours and restaurant can be found everywhere. The Kibbe is a Lebanese icon that is loved buy so many.
Modern: The use of Modern techniques to spherify the sweetened Saffron yoghurt, so the centre is still sweet liquid but holds its own on the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment